I’ve made no secret of the fact that I am having another attempt at internet dating. It worked for me once before so I assume in my more optimistic moods that it can work again.
Initially a new profile on a dating site (particularly the one that I first tried) is bombarded with what I can only liken to a ‘new meat’ type feeding frenzy. To start with, before I changed sites, I was weeding out the daily onslaught of suitable matches using the following criteria:
- too young- I mean REALLY young, I was certainly old enough to be their mother, apparently that’s a thing!
- too old- I have challenge with my upper age limit because my stepfather is not that much older than me, so I don’t really fancy a date or a partner older than him.
- Cross dresser- nope, not for me.
- Kinky- as in ‘can you send me a photo of your *insert word here*?’
- Potential axe murderers.
- and yes, even “married but available”- these ones I would like to string up by their you know whats!
- No communication skills whatsoever- I mean zero. How am I supposed to respond to a message that just says ‘Hiya’?
- Blatant lies on profile.
- Too many dog photos- dogs are fine by the way; I just don’t want to date one!
- Too many action man photos.
- Too many photos in speedos.
I could go on. Do you think I am being too fussy?
My two basic criteria still stand; I want a man who is nice to me and who smells good!